- MA, The Johns Hopkins University. The Paul Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, SAIS.
- JD, Catholic University of Ecuador, 1984.
- LLB, Catholic University of Ecuador, 1983
- International and American Government, The Southwestern Legal Foundation, 1987.
- Court Member International Court of Arbitration, ICC
- Ex officio member of the ICC Arbitration and ADR Commission
- Founding Member of Ecuador’s International Chamber of Commerce- ICC Arbitration Committee.
- Member of the ICC Latin American Arbitration Group. 2005 until today.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors at Enlace Negocios Fiduciarios S.A. Trusts and Funds Administrator
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Central Bank of Ecuador.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Ecuador’s Banking Regulatory Committee.
- Queen Mary, University of London, School of International Arbitration. International Arbitration and Litigation Program. Reviser of the digest of Case Law
- Member of the Board of Directors of Banco Promérica, currently Banco Produbanco.
- Ministry of Environment-Ecuador. Yasuni ITT Initiative, CO2 Oil-Guarantee Certificates. UNDP Consultant, Quito-Ecuador. 2009.
- Voting Member. National Council for Free Zones, CONAZOFRA. 2002- 2003.
- Executive Director of the Funds and Trusts Managers Association, 2000-2004.
- Member of the Board. Quito Stock Market.2000.
- Member of the Board. Liquidity Fund of the Financial System. Quito – Ecuador. 2000.
- Board of Directors and Member of the Executive Committee of Banco Exterior de España y de Los Andes, EXTEBANDES. Caracas, Venezuela. 1988-1990.
- Deputy Institutional Liason, on behalf of The Central Bank of Ecuador before the Latin American Association of Financial Institutions for Development – ALIDE. 1989-1990.
- Corporate Governance, University of the Americas (UDLA), Quito-Ecuador
- International Financial Markets, The National Council of Modernization (CONAM), Quito-Ecuador
- Commercial Law, Catholic University of Ecuador, Quito-Ecuador
- Member of International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of the Latin American Arbitration Association-ALARB. Officer, Ethics Committee, 2011.
- Member of the International Bar Association-IBA
- Member of the Bar, Quito-Pichincha
- Member of the Editorial Board. “The Twenty Years of the Arbitration La. -History, Developments and Challenges. “
- Author of the article. Is there life after the denunciation of ICSID and the Bilateral Investment Treaties by Ecuador? The Twenty Years of the Arbitration La. -History, Developments and Challenges. “
Leader of the firm’s International Arbitration practice. Expert in international commercial and investment law. Patrick specializes in Arbitration, Banking, Finance, Trust Funds and Foreign Investment.
He has outstanding professional experience in both private and public sectors. In the field of financial regulation, he has served as Member of the Board of the Superintendence of Banks of Ecuador. In the economic and monetary field, Patrick was a former Member of the Board Directors of The Central Bank of Ecuador. He has experience as a consultant, lawyer, external legal advisor and member of the board of several corporations, banks, financial institutions, as well as non-governmental organizations. In the field of private finance, I have served as external legal advisor, member of committees and boards of several banks and financial institutions. His practice includes advising, designing products and services, representation, negotiation and procurement for clients.
Experience as arbitrator in various international arbitration processes (UNCITRAL). He is an arbitrator in the Ecuadorian American Chamber of Commerce, in the Construction Chamber of Quito, in the Chamber of Commerce of Quito and in the International Arbitration and Mediation Center of the British Ecuadorian Chamber-CIAM. Member of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce-ICC, ex officio member of the ICC Arbitration and ADR Commission, member of the Latin American Arbitration Group of the ICC International Chamber of Commerce, founding member of the Ecuadorian Committee of Arbitration of the ICC-Ecuador, member of the Ethics Committee of the Latin American Arbitration Association-ALARB and reviewer for the Compendium of Cases of the International Arbitration and Litigation Program Queen Mary, University of London, School of International Arbitration.
As a recognized expert in arbitration, he has participated as president, co-arbitrator and sole arbiter in multiple arbitrations.